
He's BACK! Starring in his fourth picture book, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy. The Pigeon pleads with the reader to help him get a puppy. He tells the reader that he has wanted a puppy "forever ... At least since last Tuesday?". Once again Mo Willems engages his young audience in the story by having Pigeon speak directly to them. "Oh, don't worry. I'll take care of it! I promise I'll water it once a month.", (to which my first graders said, "What! It's NOT a plant!") then Pigeon says, "Oh ... I get it. You don't want me to be happy, do you?" "I'm a puppy lovin' pigeon!" and on he goes until ...
Oops - sorry! if you want to know what happens you will have to check with your librarian and check it out for yourself. I don't want to spoil the surprise!! Enjoy :) I sure did!
No comments:
Post a Comment