
Today I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon shopping for books with two sisters, Rebecca and Megan G. Last spring Rebecca won the Reading Rainbow contest and received $1,000 from their sponsor, Starbucks. Rebecca could donate her money to her favorite charity and she chose our school library!
Our library assistant, Mrs. Taube, met us at our local Borders to begin our shopping spree. We then moved on to our local Barnes and Noble to finish our shopping. Rebecca and Megan helped make our book selections. We are very excited about putting our new books into our school library collection.
This book, Big Sister, Little Sister, was one of the books we selected today. We found it very appropriate since we had a big sister and a little sister shopping with us. In the story we see the world through the eyes of the little sister. She compares her life as the little sister to that of her big sister. "The Big Sister usually does things first. I'm the Little Sister. I'm always catching up. -- The Big Sister gets all the new clothes. I'm the Little Sister. I get all her old clothes." and on the story goes. Anyone with a sibling will appreciate this charming story.
Thank you Rebecca and Megan for such a fun afternoon!
1 comment:
Oh, how exciting! Congratulations to Rebecca for winning the Reading Rainbow contest. It sounds like you had great fun with your sister Megan, Mrs. Adams, and Mrs. Taube buying books. Finding Big Sister, Little Sister capped the day off perfectly!
Mrs. Boehm
Post a Comment