A week after I wrote this blog, I realized that it had already been reviewed. Like a good friend, every good book deserves extra attention. When two of us like the same book, maybe that means it could be up for an award. Perhaps the Caldecott medal winner this year. :-)Here's another treasure from one of my new favorite author illustrators, Barbara Lehman. If you are already familiar with The Red Book written by Lehman, you will recognize her artistic style in her newest, Rainstorm. This is another wordless picture book - there are no words to tell the story. If you pay close attention to each illustration, you will soon know the story. In Rainstorm, we follow a young boy living in a mansion - alone and bored. He wanders around the mansion looking for something to do when he discovers a key. He tries the key in several locks and he has a smile on his face when the key unlocks a large treasure chest. It's a treasure chest not full of gold and jewels but a single ladder that leads to his adventure. Now, should I tell you what happens or should I leave it to you to open the book and find out? I'll give you a hint - his days are no longer boring and there is a hint of what is to come when you take a close look at the title page.
1 comment:
I shared this wordless picture book with my 4th grade class. We don't read a lot of picture books together and we LOVED it!
Very creative illustrations and plot!
-Mrs. Ross
Lindbom
Post a Comment